Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Heading for Peru!






It's P-Day and I'm doing laundry again. I cant believe that I will be leaving tomorrow for Peru. It seems so surreal. It really is too bad that no one from my district is coming with but im sure it'll be okay. It'll just force me to get to know more people and to speak spanish. That's the biggest thing im worried and excited about right now. It's scary to go to a place where they speak only spanish when i speak barely any spanish, but i know that as im forced to speak it all day every day it will come along much faster and itll come more naturally. so im very blessed to be able to go down to the Lima MTC. I'm still holding out hope that ill be fluent when i leave there in 6 weeks ;) but it'll be a challenge.

This week has been pretty much the same as always, just going through the schedule and learning as much as i can. Everyone always says that after 2 weeks you start to level off in your ability to learn the language because the original excitemnet wears off about then. So from then on its up to you and your desire to push yourself to learn. I definitely felt that this week. I dont feel like i learned nearly as much as the other two weeks so I hope that going to Peru will push me.

I cant wait to talk on the phone tomorrow! Im gonnna have to force my companions to get up at like 5:30 am and take me to the curb until i get re assigned a new companion which i feel kinda bad about -but thats okay. Then it will just be the two of them. Im pretty sure im going to have to start teaching people and offering them pass along cards in the airport so I guess that will be my first legitimate contacting. pretty cool to think about.


I have been getting quite a few letters from everyone the past few days so thanks a lot for that :) Meg sent me one that I got yesterday and I couldnt help but laugh when I got it. You'll have to ask her about it but she decorated it pretty well :) its definitely something she would do and it reminded me of everyone. it was a good pick me up! Im not gonna get any dear elders before i leave so sorry to anyone who sent them, hopefully they can forward them down to me at the Peru MTc later. I got the package with the shirt in it mom, thanks a lot. oh and the card and tide pen too. thanks i needed those. The shirt is pretty odd fitting but i wore it to the temple today and it worked well enough. The sleeves are just too short which is weird for a large shirt but oh well. :) thanks! I got a nice cheap watch at the bookstore for like 10 bucks which hopefully no one will want to steal from me. Im gonna send my fossil watch back home in a package before i head out. Im also gonna put my patriarchal blessing in there too, I made a copy of it so this way i wont lose the orginal.


Its good to hear that Konnor's ordination went so well, he probably had more people at his than i had at my farewell ;) Tell James that I hope he liked the talk by Dallin H. Oaks, but there's no doubt in my mind that Elder Holland was better haha.

Thanks for the package Alli :) I just opened it right before sending this! LOVE the pictures :) I really needed them ive been missing out. The shirt is awesome too. everyone tried to steal it from me but then I told em that Will and I need to match ;) Tell your dad sorry that Im not there to talk about football with but from what ive heard about the steelers game on sunday...I should be glad im not lol. thats alright, they're still alive.

I hope everything is going well at home as always. Keep me updated! cant wait to hear from you and talk to you tomorrow. I know this Gospel is true with every ounce of my soul, I cant believe im heading to Peru tomorrow but I know its where I need to be. Im just thankful that I'm not in Arizona with Alec or Megan :) Let everyone know that I love and miss them.


Adios!

Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment