Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hola Amigos!

Hey there!
Its good to hear from you all again! Thanks for all of the mail and packages over the last week. Now that the first week is over its hard to remember what has gone on since i last wrote, it all starts to run together. But i think i wrote tuesday morning and that night we went to the temple which was awesome and then we had a devotional, everyone kept saying that there was a good chance that a general authority was gonna come because there hadnt been one since July. We had to wait to get in but we got great seats and Elder Jeffery R Holland of the 12 came and spoke to us. It was AMAZING. earlier in the week we had listened to a talk that he gave years ago at the MTC about how he absolutely loved his mission and it changed him and how we have such a great opp to change our lifes if we work hard. He basically said that same thing but he said that "you do not have the right to throw away all of the work that has been done before you for this church." He teared up and said that just 4 hours earlier a sister missionary in new york had been killed in a car crash and that she sacrificed her life for this church and that we have to hold ourselves accountable as symbols for this church. it was a real eye opener for all of us. kicked us all back into gear. The days really do fly by though once you get into the groove of things. It was a long weekend though because we didnt get letters or packages or dear elders on sunday or monday. and i still havent checked it yet. But thank you all again for the letters :) those, gym, and eating, is what keep us going when we're extremely bored learing spanish.


Congrats on the 3 point shoot out james! I'm sure it wasnt full of 10 year old girls or anything....right? haha glad to hear that everything is going well back home. just make sure you dont worry about me because i know im in safe hands here. they take good care of us. The spanish is coming along but im no where near ready to be going down to Peru. we still havent gotten any travel plans yet and we're hoping they'll come in the next few days...gotta pray for that. Ill let you know when we head out. The date is still set for the 14th of September but if we dont get our visa's then it may be pushed back. ill send a letter home as soon as i know the date and time we fly out. Tell Konnor for me, good luck and that he's gonna be an awesome Deacon :). The food isnt too bad, it gets better but its just not like your home cooking ;) on the bright side though, all of the rest of the elders in our district also heard that Piura had (pensions) maids for the elders in Peru!!!! hahaha we're all so excited. you dont even know. Right now I'm waiting for my clothes to be done in the washer so i can move them to the dryer but who knows...in 3 months I may not have to worry about that :)...or i may have to be washing them by hand....haha.

Feel free to send me the occasional update on how bad UCLA football is or how great the Steelers are. I heard BYU won by 1 last week, everyone here talks about that. We were all just sitting in class quietly studying last saturday and I looked up to elder frame (who went to BYU and loves Football) and said "Elder...College football season is happening RIGHT now ...haha we got really sad and depressed. we do the same thing to each other when we're in there studying at 8 on a friday night...."elder, we could be partying right now...." But that's what we gave up and I dont regret it in the least. Ill be ready to party it up when I get back, just you wait!

Oh and I also have seen kyle quite a few times and he seems to be doing okay, probably better than i did the first week. Oh and i told him the BYU score so tell Cory not to worry about that.

Thank you Alli and Stacey for the rolls!!! they were amazing! I shared them with everyone in our district just to be nice ;) I hope you all had fun in Canada!

We get more spiritual preparation than i thought we would which surprised me because i just want to get right down to it and learn the spanish language so i can teach. but I get it now. My testimony has been strengthened so much just in the last two weeks. We have a great set of teachers that do a fantastic job at inviting the spirit when they teach. Ive strengthened my knowledge of the fact that im not out here alone, and that helps a lot. I know that I have to leave my Mom and Dad but it really has brought be closer to my Heavenly Father.

Thanks again for all of the Love and support! I can feel it from here! miss you tons! This is the Lords work and there's nothing better!!!

I love and miss you all.
Elder Tyler Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment