Monday, March 12, 2012

La Union...

View from the new apartment!
The new area!
Rice fields.
The new room: a lot bigger than the last...but just as hot.

¡Ai Familia y mis amigos!

Thats too bad to hear about my debit card, especially since I was really planning on taking out money today like you said. We get 110 soles every month from the mission and I used mine to buy a backpack, planning on just repaying it from my own debit card so i was really confused on what I was going to do because I dont have any money. but its a good thing that you offered to send me american dollars because that reminded me of the secret stash of american dollars that I kept in that country time lemonade that I got at missionary mall lol. knew that would come in handy! but yeah now I have 60 american dollars which is more than enough and should tide me over until I need to withdraw more. Im not really sure what the best way is to get me a debit card but maybe vanessa would be it?

Anyways. dont worry about getting money to me for now. I should be good with the money that I have, good thing I come prepared right? ;) haha

But anywho, this week has been pretty good. The area here in La Union 2 is pretty duro (hard). so far in the two weeks that we have been here, we have had one return visit. its a lot harder to get into houses and teach people here than it was in tumbes, and then when we actually do, its crazy hard to teach them a second time. But overall im just excited about the only lesson number two that we had with Hno. Angel. We left him a book of mormon the first visit and said that it can help him solve his problems. then he had an argument with his mom and remembered what we told him, so he decided to read and felt a really good calming feeling. so we are going to work more with him. he has a really big desire to learn more but he works ALL day every day and doesnt have much time for lessons or to go to church. well see how it goes...and hopefully we can find some more investigators haha. its proof that they are out there right?

Sorry the rest of this is pretty short. not a whole lot going on this week, except that we had a little party for the Elder Gonzalez that lives in our room with us. he finished his first year the 10th of march so he burned a shirt and we bought a cake. i sent some pics for you all so i hope you like them.

I always have stuff that i want to tell you guys but then i forget when i get here, so im gonna try and write them down. The Lords work goes on but im out of time. I love and miss you all tons! thanks for all of the constant love and support from way up there in the USA.

Anyways love you all and I'll talk to you again next week!

Love,
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment