Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paquete!

Hola Hola Hola!!!!

First of all.... I got the package last Thursday! Yay! Oh man I can’t tell you all how much I loved that package! The first night I sprayed my whole bed and sheets and blanket with the febreeze. It was like I was sleeping on a cloud! For real! Ah man it was amazing. And then the second night I busted open those Yankee candle air fresheners and hung one from our fan...it was heavenly. Thank you very very much. Its quite a smelly place down here to be honest but at least now I can smell better while I sleep :) Oh and I almost forgot! Those T bell packets? Those were a hilarious joke, I laughed really hard when I saw them, but then I busted one out and used it on the food, oh man, and it was the most beautiful thing ive ever eaten! lol it literally tricked my mind into thinking that I was eating a t bell bean burrito even though it was just a piece of chicken. I will be savoring those. I also love those power bars you sent, I haven’t eaten any of them yet because I want to savor them, but trust me I will cherish it ;) you all are the best. Thanks so much for sending the stuff you do! I love it! But as for my birthday, you all really don’t need to send anything! For real! If you wanna do something for me for my birthday I would REALLY love it if you prayed for my investigators *wink* *wink* haha honestly that is the life of a missionary, I don’t need anything else! :) Oh and also thank you very much for the Ensign, but I can get by for the most part with the Spanish liahonas that they give us down here now, so no need to take up room with those in the packages :) unless of course its a magazine that starts with S and ends in Ports illustrated ;) jk jk I would love to get the conference addition though because those talks are better read in English when I can really study them :) Thank you so much! So to sum it all up, all I would like for my birthday is lots of prayers and hot sauce from taco bell. :) Oh and power bars :D

But speaking of conference! Oh man imp so excited haha I can’t wait to watch. I’m really really hoping that all of us English elders can go into a different room and listen to it in English. Really hoping but well see. We are all going to go to the stake center in Castilla so that we can watch it. It’s about an hour away from here and that’s where we go for our zone meetings too every week. I can’t wait to see and hear what the prophet has to say this time. Fingers crossed for my man Elder Jeffrey R. Holland to talk! haha

But lets see, what else has been going on? This week was a pretty awesome one. You all must be praying pretty hard back home because in those first three weeks down here in La Union we didn’t have a single investigator attend church, but this last week it all started to come together. We have that family that I told you about and the dad works all the time and sometimes he works so much that he just sleeps there at his job. But he told us that if he can’t get baptized that we can baptize his family haha. So the mom and her three daughters attended church this week and loved it. And then there is this other lady who’s daughter is a member that finally came to church and got up in one of the meetings and announced that she was gonna get baptized! haha love those ones that just find it out on their own. regalos is what they’re called here (gifts) lol but an even bigger regalo that we had was this little kid. We went to go eat lunch with a family who has a son serving a mission in El Salvador and whose daughter is active in the church. The mom really wants to get baptized but isn’t married and her spouse doesn’t want to so she cant. And it’s actually pretty funny because your mindset as a missionary is just so different lol. We are sitting at the table waiting for her to bring out lunch and her little son runs up and starts talking to us. We play with him for a second and them I ask him, ¿cuantos años tiene? How old are you? He says he’s seven and were just like ah man.... and then he says, but I turn 8 on Monday! haha Elder Chichia and I just look at each other and start laughing. Talk about a regalo. So we are going to work with them too because even though two of his siblings are members his parents aren’t so it would count as a convert. So all in all we had 5 investigators attend church and then one of the daughters that is only 3 years old, Betty. She’s a cutie haha. Don’t worry I was sure to give each of them a silly band that you sent :) thanks.

This week we were going to go visit this family that we have but first we were going to stop by a members house so that he could go to the lesson with us. So we are walking down the street and we are supposed to turn left to go to his house but this little kid runs up to us and is like can I walk with you? We asked why and he said because some kid wanted to beat him up! haha so we asked him if he was a member of the church and he said yes so we told him that we protect our own and ended up taking a little detour by going straight instead of right. Anyways the little kid got home safe and it turned out that the member that we were looking for was actually in the house of the president of the branch and so if we hadn’t helped that little kid we would have missed him and ended up going to the lesson alone. I really hope you could understand that but its just one of the small blessings you notice. We get tons of help here.

I can’t believe its Sunday again really. 7 months come and gone already. Its crazy to think about and I hope I can start taking better advantage of it so that when I finish I can look back and know that I have no regrets. Thank you all so much for all of the love and blessings that you send my way. Love you all tons! Thanks a lot for the pics you sent mommy! loved em. Dad is lookin kinda grey in that pic ;) tell him to take care of that ;) keep on doing what you’re doing up there in the US of A and ill keep working hard down here in Perú!

Love you all!

Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment