Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yeah...

Yeah so....Ive got Good News and bad news...Good news is that I now know what i want to do when I get back and go to school! Im gonna be a Dentist! ...bad news is that Ive decided on being a Dentist so that no one has to go through what ive gone through the last week...lol. Im not sure how long a root canal takes in the states but apparently here it takes like 6+ appointments. Last Monday we went to the Dentist to get started and they just checked it out really quick and didnt really do anything except poke me and tell me to come back friday. So we set up an appointment for Friday and went in the morning. We showed up and got started at about 10 or so....It was a pretty big joke...lol It took forever, he numbed me up with about 4 giant shots to the mouth, took like 5 x rays (the first 3 without the protective metal shirt, then after that he must have thought it was just ridiculous to do x rays without it? haha) That was all just a great big ball of fun. But what was really dumb is that he wrote me a perscription for some drug that is like 10 mg of pain killer....so i went and took that and...it did nothing at all. Weird huh? So Saturday we ended up having to go all the way back becuase my tooth was killing me and he took another x ray (dnt worry this time with the metal jacket ;) and wrote me another perscription that i figured was gonna be something pretty good. All i wanted was something to make the constant pain in my tooth go away so i could go out and proselyte and work. The perscription he ended up writing me was some fancy name in spanish and then when i bought it at the store....it was Bayer...something that you can buy over the counter in the States...haha It didnt do anything either. So I called Hna Chipman and she told me to buy some Ibuprofen 600 mg and take it every 6 hours. So i did that and...it didnt really do much either...Saturday night was.....not very good....hahaha BUT I will reassure you all by telling you that now there isnt any pain. The inflamation finally went down and it only hurts when i bite down. We went again today and he did step 5 or 6 of 10 i think? im not sure...i kinda lost track. But we get to go back tomorrow and hes gonna put in the metal part, then wait 5 days and put on the crown and then 2 more times to see if its okay or something. But yeah....It was definitely an adventure....fun fun fun. Best part was that there was a TV in the dentists office for the patients to watch while they are getting their teeth worked on. Naturally i wasnt watching it because im a Missionary and because i was scared of this guy tearing my mouth apart. But it was another one of those times when i was just like....oh man...im really in South America. The guy was sitting there working on my tooth, trying to take out the nerves with those little drills that they have...and he was watching soccer at the same time....oh boy thats how you know youre in South America, when they dentist is watching soccer while working on my teeth. he ended up giving me about 6  shots with that huge needle, and taking like 10 x rays. That didnt help me build confidence in his ability. haha But now I think im okay with the fact that It doesnt hurt anymore...

Well thats a pretty joyful way to start the letter. sorry about that. But more good news is that I got your package finally! yay! Aparently i should have gone on a mission a long time ago because thats the way to get Oakley Sunglasses sent to you! haha mom youre crazy with those glasses! But i will say, These are definitely my favorite yet :) love the sunglasses affect and the way they fit. Thanks mommy i love you :) You all really hooked me up with tons of good stuff and the Ensign to read :) youre the best. We opened it up in front of the zone leaders and they were definitely jealous but dont worry i shared with them :) Oh and they asked how I get so many pairs of glasses and i told them that they are basically free  for you right? or no? haha but anyways Elder CaƱete says that if thats true he would love you if you could get him a pair and he would pay you for how much they cost you. Im not sure if its really that easy or not but I wouldnt ask for anyy other Elder, Hes just a really cool dude so i figured id try :) 

Tell the Perkins hi for me! I remember their family :) Sister Perkins was a ward missionary with me in the ward :) I would love to hear from them :) They can send anything their hearts desire and i will absolutely love it down here in Peru haha. But Socks would always be a good choice because even though dryers dont really exist down here, "the dryer monster" apparently still does because ive been loosing some socks when my laundty lady gives em back haha. Oh and ties are always good. Its about all we can change in our outfit :) tell them the uglier they better. :D Oh which reminds me, thanks for the ties mommy :) love em, just what i needed :)

So as for skype i think i am going to do it Saturday at 1 30 here in Peru. I hope that works okay for everyone :) not sure what time that is there in Utah but thats when ill be on. Hopefully itll all be hooked up :)  Cant wait to talk to everyone!

Sounds like the fam is doing great. Sorry i cant write to everyone but i gotta go :( 

Love you all a ton. Not much about the work this week but it went REALLY well. Especially considering i spent most all of my time in Piura. We have a bunch of good investigators and We should have a baptism this sunday :) fingers crossed. Wish i could write more but I cant wait to talk to you Saturday at 1 30 :D Love you tons!

Love,
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment