Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Perú!!!

Hola todos!

Thats so cool that you and dad got to go and see President and Hermana

Chipman! I wasnt sure if you two would be able to make it there on
such short notice or if youd be able to find it but thats really cool
that you got to go and see them. I love that picture of dad and pres
Chipman too. Its pretty weird seeing him without his missionary
nametag. haha. Really weird to think that they are at home with all
their grandkids and just a short distance from where you are. But i
agree, President Rowley is a great man too. Tomorrow we actually have
interviews with him 1 on 1 so that should be a good chance to get to
talk to him a little bit. We will have to see how it goes.

This week has been pretty good. It had a lot of ups and downs to it.
One day was bad and the next good, then bad, then good. The bad days
drove me to my knees and prayer and that brought the good day along,
it was definitiely a rollar coaster but it helped to get back to the
basics. for a while there IIII was trying to teach the people instead
of letting THE SPIRIT teach them. Now it has helped me get back to
simply testifing of Jesus Christ, his Atonement, and letting the
spirit do the rest. because really the only way they are going to know
if its REALLY true is through the holy ghost. Overall id say i learned
a lot this week DUE to the tough week instead of IN SPITE of it.

Oh and one other thing, i havent gotten into my bank account in
forever but assuming Trevor is still giving me 150 dollars every month
and they are just sitting there, i think ive came to a decsion this
week. In one of the lessons where we were explaining tithing and other
offerings i was listening to my companion teach about it and i
realized how much i love this work and how important it is, and that
lead me to decide that i would rather give that 150 dollars every
month to the general church mission fund. Being down here with a lot
of latino companions i can see how much they wanna serve but they just
dont have the money AT ALL. So i would love it if Trev could either
donate it himself, considering it IS his money and therefore his right
to choose, or if he says its okay, you can take it from my account and
do it for me. It might sound a little bit crazy but the spirit spoke
to me that day and helped me to know that ive got more than i need and
that this work is going to progress with or without me...its just a
matter of how fast, so might as well help it along by helping others
right? the more missionaries the merrier!!!

Well Family and friends, I love you all tons and i thank you very much
for all of the support and love you send daily through prayer and
weekly through these emails and letters! This church is true. Theres
no doubt about it, and if there is, pray about it! ;) Love you all!
Until next week!

Love,
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment