Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Un año atras, un año mas!





Hola todos!

How have you all been? this week has gone pretty well. Success and
frustrations like all the other weeks. Little by little im learning to
appreciate the succeses and forget about the frustration. Lucily i
have one more year left to get it all down. I really hope i can take
advantage of it.

So like you said, this week was the one year mark here in the mission!
It was a pretty normal day, we just had our weekly planning and went
out to teach. But then after dinner i was sure to get a little shirt
burning in since i missed out on burning the tie ;) haha I had my
shirt all ready, and i hope you can see it in the pictures. I wrote the names of
all of my companions from the MTC to Elder Garcia, i wrote all of my
areas, I wrote the name of my group from when i arrived, just a whole
bunch of stuff. And then on the back i wrote "mi primer añito" which
is kinda an inside joke here because people always throw huge
birthdays here for their 2 year old kids and make giant signs that say
"mi primer añito" (my very first year). Just trust me...its funny ;)
I sent a bunch of pics but youll
have to wait to see the video when i get home...its all in spanish so
i dont think youll understand much anyways haha.

But lets see, other than that Elder Penney and I were invited to a
middle school here in Catacaos to be judges for a english speaking and
spellling Bee contest. It was actually pretty cool. We were the only
two white
people there but that was pretty normal. It was just funny because it
was a spelling bee and it was actually pretty obvious that they had
given the kids a list of words to memorize and they had memorized them
exactly as they were on the paper. some of the older kids had words
that had like 15 letters that even i couldnt spell, but they were able
to spell them in 3 seconds flat because they had them memorized. The
best part is that they couldn't  speak a lick of english otherwise. I
It was funny and overall it was a pretty cool experience and a good
chance to help out with the
community a little.

Well thats all for this week. We spent the morning helping out with a
baptism of an 8 year old member even though it wasnt a convert
baptism. Was a little frustrating because we wanted to be taking
advantage of p day but thats okay. At least it all went well and its
time to play soccer in the afternoon! The work goes on. we found a
really great family that has tons of intrest. Il love this work and i
love you all.

Hasta la proxima semana

Love
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment